Rental Application Forms
SimplifyEm provides rental application forms to help you with the tenant approval process.
About Rental Application Forms
Rental application forms are used by property management companies and landlords to help determine whether a prospective tenant is suitable for a lease agreement. The rental application form should gather basic information about the potential tenant, and should also obtain the applicant’s authorization to check his or her credit history.
Why is a rental application form important?
- Rental application forms protect landlords, property managers, and property management companies from accusation of unfair discrimination
- Rental application forms help property managers and property management companies to screen prospective tenants
- Rental application forms can be used by landlords, rental property owners, and real estate owners to determine whether a tenant is a good fit for their lease agreement
- Rental application forms provide contacts and references in case the tenant disappears or is unable to pay the rent
What should be included in a rental application form?
- Information about the Tenant (Name, Social Security Number, Driver’s License, Phone Number, etc…)
- Information about Current and Previous Tenancy
- Information about Current and Previous Employment History
- Information about Financial Status and Credit History
- Vehicle Information
- References (In Case of Emergency)
- Names of Other Occupants
What should you do with a rental application form?
- Review the rental application form to make sure it is legible and complete
- Confirm the applicant’s identification (ask to see driver’s license, passport, etc…)
- Check for authorization to conduct credit check
- Inquire about credit history
- Contact references
A rental application form is an important tool for property managers and landlords since it helps determine if a potential tenant is responsible, will take great care of a rental property, and whether or not they will be able to pay rent on time.
The rental credit check form can be used to get authorization to conduct a credit check, and if you need help with selecting the right tenants, SimplifyEm’s tenant screening solution makes it easy to get the history you need for each tenant. And of course, you can also use our property management software to track your rentals after the lease has been signed. Be sure to download the free lease agreement form once you are ready to lease the property.